Wednesday, February 18, 2015

{2.18.15}


Well I just deleted this email after finishing it.. so this is my second attempt.

First of all. Mexican doritios are way better than american doritoes. Theyre the same, but they have a little bit of spice. Also, their milk isnt actually milk. Its half and half. No complaints tho hahaha.

So it turns out that our first fake investigator, fransisco, is our new night teacher. When we saw him in the class and had all hugged him or chewed him out for pretending to not now any english, he told me that I had ´´good spanish´´ and asked how many years I took in high school which was surprising because I never conjugated a single verb hahaha. So the gift of tongues is defnitely real. He did say I was also the most improved... so maybe it was more like a pity compliment hahaha.

This week I have grown a lot not only in spanish, but in my understanding of the gospel. Especially the atonement. Im finding so many cool scriptures about it and I cant wait to share them with investigators. part of me wishes I could be out in the field tomorrow, but part of me never wants to leave the ccm because it is so fun and its such an amazing opportunity to learn and grow.

Yestderday was super frustrating. Probably my hardest day so far because we did an english fast where we go solo espanol for 6 hours (eventually building up to a full day) and It was so difficult and  Icouldnt say anything except gospel related items hahaha. we also had to prepare our lessson for one of our two new investiagators without speaking english. We tanked it so bad because no one knew what the other had prepared and we jumped all over the place from doctrine to doctrine. As much as Im learning, i definitely have so much more to learn. Luckily Elder Southwick (zone leader) was there to have my back again and talked me down from my frustration. It amazes me how good of a missionary he is at 18. It definitely has strengthened my testimony about the age chance. It turns out him and elder banez (from the phillipines) are both going to BYUI spring semester when I get back too (since we are only 6 weeks apart in our report dates) and were already planning on living together. Super great guys and both have been huge helps with the language and adjusting.

oh also this week  I got called as one of the new district leaders. Im excited and humbled and intimidated.. I have to sacrifice a lot more study time now which I really really need but I know the lord will bless me.

Nana thank you so much for the cookies! they were so good and they are already gone hahaha. Also thank you to everyone who has sent me real letters! I know it costs more but it means so much and its so nice to have something physical to hold from people. A day when I get a letter or a package is instantly 10x better

Love and miss everyone!
Elder Johns

No comments:

Post a Comment