Monday, August 3, 2015

{8.3.15} 2-A-Days (just like football) (and my new address)

So Mama will leave me alone:

Elder Jace Johns
3850 Central Ave 
Apt #202
Ft Myers, FL  33901

Remember last week when I said it was the hardest week of my life... I lied. This week KILLED last week. But, as in all things, we have opposition. This week was also easily one of the most Joyous weeks of my mission to date.

So the reason for the subject of my email... is because every day when I came home, it felt Exactly like coming home from 2-A-Days. We biked around 150 miles this week.. and no that is not an exaggeration. We have a map to scale and we measured it out each night. If anything, that's on the conservative side. But it was definitely super worth it. We were able to get to new parts of our area and see tons of members. Members are so key in missionary work!!!!! In areas like Miami, members are so helpful. Anywhere else, members are NECESSARY. We can't do anything on our own.. so this week our goal was to get tight with as many members as possible.. which meant lots of biking. It definitely paid off! Most weren't able to share any friends or neighbors we could teach, put we were able to find Spanish neighborhoods and trailer parks from them, so we have 4 new areas to knock!

Even better however, we received a huge blessing from the Lord (through a member). We were biking home, and a member flagged us down. He's this crazy successful Venezuelan that lives no where near where we were. He made us lock up our bikes, and took us out to Steak-N-Shake, BUT even better than that greasy burger and tall milkshake was the referrals he gave us! Robert and Erika! They just barely got here from there (left due to the Political oppression) and they already loved the church! Roberto is one of the coolest guys ever (siempre esta deciendo "chevre, chevre"), and Erika is crazy smart but super humble. We taught them the Restoration with the members who referred them, and the Spirit was in that room hitting everyone like a sledgehammer! Probably one of the most Spiritual lessons I've had on my mission. They're super humble people and just really want to know the truth and follow Christ. We can't wait to see where everything goes with them!

Señorita and Señor  are finally going to get married so they can be baptized! (maybe) more to come on that another day hopefully.

We went to pick up two investigators for church on Sunday... the were wasted in the front yard... with a less-active member. This is why we need new areas to knock hahaha, and member referrals.

This area is transforming before my eyes. I'm so pumped! It has required so much diligence (and biking) on Elder Warren and I's part, but in reality it has come own to our willlingness to be obedient, try our hardest to follow his will and do his work here, and keeping our Faith and Hope high when all of our plans and back-up plans and back-up-back-up plans fall through (which is basically everyday).

Also, I love the members here so much! They're amazing. And there's a less-active family of 7 youth--ages 13-20. They were all basically shipped here from the Dominican Republic to live with their Aunt, but she's a bum and not a responsible adult so they basically have no accountability so they don't come to church. The oldest wants to serve a mission (20, Abel) but he feels crazy pressure from the Aunt (who's on "disability") to work and support for his siblings/cousins he lives with. It's super sad. I really want to help him and so does the ward. He and the rest of the fam are a huge priority right now as well.

Shoutouts---
Lorren, Jenna: thank you for your emails! stop trying to make me so trunky for home! I'm glad you all had so much fun, and don't worry about me! That ship has already sailed!
Grandma Johns: Thank you so much for you email I loved it! I wish I had more time to write back. I need to write you (and all the grandparents) back I just never have any time :(

I feel like there's more I'm forgetting.

DAD-- your family from Australia sent me a package two weeks ago! I got "lollies", scarf, beanie, and some other Australian stuff! It was so awesome to read their note as well. I hope all those that I baptize become as awesome as them in the church

Hope everyone has a great week!

--
Elder Johns

No comments:

Post a Comment