Tuesday, November 24, 2015

{11.24.15} Transferred and Picture Overload



ya boy Jean Carlos,coolest 15 year old member-missionary
Got the call last night... me voy. I knew it was coming, but it will definitely be hard to leave everyone here. Being in an area for 4 &1/2 months really allows you to create friendships with ward members, investigators, and recent converts. I took pictures with as many as possible (hence the overload) but I am excited to go forward and see what the Lord has in store for me. To answer your question, Dad, Thanksgiving is my favorite Holiday. It will be a little difficult having to spend it with brand new people I haven't met yet in a brand new area, and at the very least not with some of my great ward family here in the Rio Vista barrio.

​The Whole Gang!
Sunday was amazing. Fernando, Esteban, and Inocensia all got baptized!!! Not without its problems, however. Satan ALWAYS tries his hardest. Tina (Their mom) had her Van break down on the way to church, so we had to send a member to go pick them up halfway through sacrament. In the meantime, I was translating over a microphone for English members in the ward (spouses and kids) into their headsets while trying to make sure the baptism was still going to go through. Then, just before the baptism after church, Tina started to come on her way and her boyfriend got drunk and tried to keep her from coming. She's trying to find a new place to live currently, and she was able to make it to the baptism just before it started.
Bravo Family! pretty much the coolest

Fernando (the oldest) was so thrilled about the baptism. He really felt different, and recognized how much his life was changing with this decision. He's really excited to get the Priesthood; he wants to be the example his family needs so badly, and the help his mom needs. He has a huge heart and has the strongest desires to do what is right. He also wants to serve a mission. I really feel so good about his baptism. I have obviously felt good about all of them, but I feel like the changes I've been able to make him make even in the smallest of ways are going to make the most lasting impact in his own life, his families life, and his future families life. It's really cool.

Ana, the number 1 homie (will miss her the most)

I'm definitely excited to see what the Lord has for me in my new area and companion! Change is a good thing, always. 

Have a good thanksgiving!


Elder Juanes

I was shivering....


No comments:

Post a Comment