Monday, October 10, 2016

{10.10.16} HURRICANE MATTHEW

It took about 5 hours to get all the shutters up,
but it was a fun experience and I guess I can check it off the list of things
I can say I've done in my life hahah.
In response to everyone's questions about my crazy stories from Hurricane Matthew...

I've seen worse rainstorms in Idaho.
But in all seriousness, we were VERY BLESSED to have Matthew avoid us. We hardly got any rain, I think 1 tree blew down in all of Broward County and the news showed it over and over again.
We could have been directly in the path as originally predicted, and we need to pray for and support those who did get hit directly, especially those up north in florida and particularly those in Haiti, Baracoa Cuba, and the Bahamas. 
Here's a more accurate description of
Hurricane Matthew for us AP's:
In our area this week, we had a lot of our investigators drop off. Asi es la vida. We are still working with a few really solid people, and we had a HUGE miracle this week with a bible ref. Michael ordered a bible. He recently got married and has a lot of step sons now, and he really wants to step into the father role. His mother recently passed away, and her dying request was that he "get back into church." So he ordered a bible, we came by, delivered it to him, and taught him the restoration and he accepted baptism. Probably one of the most sincere people I"ve met on my mission. Just a really hard-working, genuine guy. He's a pretty stout, strong african-american man, and when he said the closing prayer he had tears welling up in his eyes. He felt the Spirit and he recognized it. I've said this a lot, but it's SO important that we follow the Spirit and that we qualify for it's constant companionship. The adversary can use any number of tools--including people--to try and dissuade us from the truth and lead us down "forbidden paths" but the adversary cannot duplicate the peace that only comes from the companionship of the Holy Ghost, which we qualify for by being meek and teachable and following the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ and his Gospel.
Also, last week I got to do some more fishing. Elder VanCott and I reeled in two nice ones at the same time. gotta love serving in Florida!

Elder Juanes

Elder Jace Johns
Florida Fort Lauderdale Mission
7951 SW 6th Street, Suite 110
Plantation, FL 33324


No comments:

Post a Comment