Monday, April 6, 2015

{4.6.15} A Day in the Hood

There's coconuts everywhere here! I drink one like everyday
 and then eat the meat when I get home.

So this week was really good and really bad. Our numbers sucked, but it was because we helped two members move and went to the hospital twice to give blessings and then another blessing to a recent convert. Our ward covers an area much bigger than our proselyting area, so these events often took an 1-2 hours out of our schedule. This is also lead to our appointments being shifted and therefore falling through.. which was really frustrating. We also dropped half of our investigators, but I know that the Lord will help us find the elect! So this week is going to be a lot of knocking and finding and asking for referrals. Also, there's nothing better than serving others. There's nothing wrong with low numbers if you're out doing the Lord's work.

one benefit of those long bike rides to help members is that one of the members lived in the Everglades! I was so pumped! They're sweet, and even though they're flat they remind me a little bit of home. We also met a non-member who we were helping move. His name was Elias from Honduras, and he was pretty cool. He has a lot of interest in the church, but also he and his uncle want to take me into the glades and also take me fishing! I'm praying a day will come that'll work out for them on a p-day hahah even tho its unlikely.

General Conference was so boss! Beforehand, I wrote down 5 questions I wanted answered and sure enough I got them all! it's so amazing that we have a Prophet on the earth today that receives revelation for all of us from God. I wish we could have heard from him more, but I was grateful what we did hear as well as hearing from the Apostles and many members of the 70's.

I went on an exchange with the Zone leaders Friday into the english area of Opa-Locka. It was a whooooolle other world from Fountainebleau. I'm positive we were the only white, non african american for 15 miles either direction.  I felt like I was in Grand Theft Auto walking through this neighborhoods with Chevy Impala's on big Rims and Pit-Bulls and Rotweilers greeted us at every house.BUT man there were some cool people in Opa-Locka! and the members there are way strong!
Putting the true meaning in BLOOD, sweat, and tears.

Also, I totally biffed it on my bike yesterday. That's all I will say. See the Picture below hahhaa. I'm all good! My hand is just torn up.
I dont have a whole lot more to report.. have a good week! Also, if you've sent me any letters I'm jsut barely getting them! But I'm receiving mail normally now. I've received letters from Mom, Grandpa Hinckley, and Syd. I'll be replying to them today!

No comments:

Post a Comment