Monday, January 9, 2017

{1.9.17} Pics or it Didn't Happen

Alex's Baptism
Too Tired to Type so Here's mi Voz (I have attempted to transcribe his voice recording)

Good Morning Friends & Family

Me and Elder Peteresen out here, we’re siting on the members house that we are staying at… we are sitting on their back porch on the deck looking at some turquoise blue water.  Key West is pretty Rad! 

Zone Leaders down chillin with us in the Keys.
If all turns out well, we'll have pics of Fish for next week!
So today we are going to be heading down to Miami, so we’re not going to have much of a P-Day, so I m not really going to have time to type up an email, so I thought I’d just do a voice recording, so you can all know whats going on in the life of a missionary in Key West. But we had a really, really great week this week.

Alex got baptized yesterday, Alex from Venezuela. He’s the 22 year old.  It was an awesome, awesome baptismal service. There was a lot of people from the branch there.  It was after church. We did the whole thing in Spanish which the ward mission leader loved cause he is Cuban. So it’s the first one he actually got to do. Alex was stoked, He was really excited about it. He is excited to officially be a member of the church.  He really feels the love and support from the branch. He is really excited, his girlfriend is working on getting her visa right now from Venezuela and they have plans for her to come down in March as long as everything goes well with the visa and she’s got plans. She wants to get to know the church, and they want to get married. And we taught him about temples last night with one of our members who served his mission in Argentina, and Alex is super stoked  to prepare to marry his girlfriend in the temple. So he is great! he is awesome!  I’ve been really blessed this transfer to get to teach people my own age, people like Alex, who really don’t necessarily feel like people that I'm teaching the Gospel to but just friends, really good friends, best friends, lifelong friends.

As well, Tristen came to church yesterday, and it was fast and testimony meeting so all the members were getting up and sharing their testimonies, and Tristen got up and bore his testimony which you know is…  I mean he is basically a member of the church, he’s just not baptized yet.  But still, to have an unknown member get up and bare their testimony is really cool.  He shared his experience of how he’s always known the church and how, you know, when he came here to Key West, you know, in the military… he was expecting to enjoy the party life but just felt empty, and so he came to church one day.  Started coming to church and he felt that peace that had been missing. He found peace that he wasn’t finding anywhere else and then, luckily, they put us missionaries back in  and we were able to teach him and so he’s getting baptized this Thursday.  And again, its like, it’s not like some of the other people I’ve taught where I’m teaching people who are older than me and I’m just kinda teaching them the Gospel,  just really like helping friends.  Tristen is going to be a life long friend for sure.  I mean all the people that I’ve taught will be, but I mean, Tristen, he is 19, he’s from Preston, ID.  He is gonna go to school in Utah, so I’ll get to see him a lot when he finishes up his time in the military.  But really just feeling super, super blessed with everything that has happened this week.  This has by far been one of the best weeks of my mission. I know i say that a lot but this week was great we taught a ton of people; we were able to help a lot of people to come to church and…  I don’t know… I just feel blessed.
A Key West Horse.. The Deer are small, but the Dogs are large.


The Zone Leaders are up here with us right now.  So they are sitting here on the back porch with us accounting. And we’re headed down on the bus with them here in a couple hours, so I  got to get going, but love all you guys and until next week … talk to ya later

Elder Juanes

Paradise City
Key West, FL 33040

No comments:

Post a Comment