Tuesday, January 17, 2017

{1.17.17} The Next Episode

Yeah, so.. I did it. I honestly didn't feel like I was really going home until last night, despite all the trunky jokes I made and egging on I gave to the trunky-finger-pointers. But it's real, I guess. I'm honestly pretty excited! Some good stuff happened this week though.

We had to go down to Miami for 2 days for Zone Training, on the way down the bus blew out a tire, I got offered weed 3x, and a guy on the bus overdosed on the side of the road. He ended up being okay, don't worry.


Also, TRISTEN GOT BAPTIZED.  It was super hard saying good bye to that kid. I'm really gonna miss him, and he's grown so much in the Gospel. 

I honestly don't know how to put into words how grateful I feel. For my mission, for this transfer, for my Savior, for his Gospel--everything. These last 5 weeks may have been the best of my entire mission. Idk if that's because they were any more special, because I say that every week and every transfer, or just because I'm constantly amazed at the Lord's hand in my life and how he for some reason consistently chooses to use me as an instrument. Doesn't matter how much  I mess up, or how imperfect I am. The Lord has blessed me so immensely on mission, that I'm leaving feeling like I'm indebted to him even more so than I left--and that's after trying to give him my all for 2 years. King Benjamin in the Book of Mormon was right.. we will always be unprofitable servants. But I know God's love for us is infinite. If we do our best to serve him, and to humble ourselves before him, he will provide is with more than we can imagine. That humility and humbleness is pretty key though, hahaha and more times than not I've had to be compelled to be humble. Nevertheless, I have been blessed. I'll just quote Ammon in the 26th chapter of Alma:
Peace out Florida!
Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel.


No comments:

Post a Comment