Wednesday, March 11, 2015

{3.11.15} Last Week in the CCM


It continually blows my mind how much I grow each week. I keep expecting it to slow down eventually, but if anything it just grows even more exponentially.

Without getting into too much detail, I´ve always struggled with a certain aspect of my faith. Its not an overwhelming aspect, but its just something Ive always questioned. This week, through a lot of prayer during my weeks here, Ive received a small but significant answer that was extremely direct. It strengthened that weak part of my faith. The spirit I get to have as a missionary is so strong, and it teaches me every day. I know itll continue to teach me and not only grow this aspect of my faith but all aspects.

This week I set a district goal for our entire district to speak solo espaƱol the entire week, except for the first and last hour of the day in our casas. Its been extremely challenging, but its helping so much. Each day our spanish gets better and better.

We had amazing devotionals this week. Definitely my spiritual highlight. My favorite was from Elder Holland in 2013. He talked about how we did something right in the pre-earth life to be missionary today.. that HE as an apostle is jealous of us. This is the generation that will see Christ ascend to his sheep. It was really powerful, and really direct. Anyone on this email who is not a member of my church, look up Elder Jeffrey R Holland´s speeches. He is a powerful man and can help anyone become better with his words and guidance.

This week I´ve also been thinking a lot and studying some of the first missionaries our church sent out in the days of Joseph Smith. I envy them, and I almost wish I could have been born in that time. They were able to go forth and be the first to declare the truth of the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. How cool is that? At the same time, Im extremely grateful to preach in these final days. I have a feeling I will get to see all the prophecies of time be fulfilled in my day. 

Also, Mormon 8&9. The ancient nephites and lamanites prayed for us in our day. they need the Gospel of Christ would fall into apostasy, but their faith has made it possible for us. Also, Christ showed Mormon us. These chapters have made my testimony of the Book of Mormon rock solid.

I will get to email on monday because I fly out to Florida on Tuesday. (don't worry mom) I couldn't be more excited, and I feel as ready as I will ever feel hahaha.

Love, 
Elder Johns

No comments:

Post a Comment