Wednesday, March 4, 2015

{3.4.15} 2 weeks left


This week has been an amazing week. Unfortunately, I dont have too many experiences to share. I just learned a lot and felt a lot of Growth!

One of the biggest things I learned this week is relying more on the Spirit while teaching. this require doing EVERYTHING im supposed to. Ive noticed being a few minutes late to study, or sleeping in an extra ten minutes, will affect my lesson. I can still teach with the spirit, but I have to work for it more. However, when Im doing all thing things im supposed to and recommended to do, I can feel so much guidance and the questions I ask are inspired questions. We learn that inspired questions are essential from preach my gospel.

My language skills have grown so much.. but ultimately im still not happy. But ive learned from my companions everything is so much easier when you just roll with it, laugh, and have a good time. Being in a trio is so fun. Sometimes, we have to remind ourselves we are on the Lords time. but we work hard, and when we work hard we work HARD.  As ive used this approach and not stressed about my inadequacies and relied on the Lord, Ive received revelation after much prayer about how to take my spanish to the next level. I know that I need to do a better job of LISTENING in order to speak better. It makes sense to me, even if it doesn't to all of you hahah, and its been helping me a lot. Especially with identifying past tenses and when to use them.

The last 2 district of zone 9 left today this week, 9B and 9D! Now its just our district, 9c! Which is weird hahah. we are getting a new district today, but until monday when they start classes it will just be us 7! i really miss 9B, 9A (original districts in our zone who mentored and welcomed us) and even 9D, which was added later as less missionaries are coming in now and they were added from a different zone that was empty like we are now. Theres probably... half as many missionaries here now as when I arrived. I guess you could say its the slow season for mission calls.

This week, We taught a real, less active member this week who volunteered to come talk to us as a referral from the missionaries here in Mexico City. His name was hermano gasper. We talked to first 10 mins about actions movies. He LOVES mel Gibson and Bruce Willis hahahhaha. So funny. But we gained his trust as we talked to him. He told us that he struggles with attending church because of his job and high demands in his life to support his family. We were able to teach him about how the Gospel blesses families, and how if he prays to the lord he will receive guidance and help. In his closing prayer of the lesson, he began to cry and gave one of the most amazing prayers. He prayed for guidance, help, and apologize for not being more dilligent. He thanked the lord for these "bueno misioneros" and asked him to send more like them. I couldn't help but to get emotional and feel overcome with the spirit. It sucks because we wont every teach him again, but as he hugged us goodbye I wanted to never leave him.

Sorry I dont have much more to share. But this week was really good! especially the experience I just mentioned. Love and miss you all!

Alan and Jenna: thank you SO MUCH for the Dr Pepper. It was so good hahaha my companions and I always talk about the american food we miss. We plan on eating fast food 3x during our flights back to the states.

Auntie Sue: Its good to hear from you! dont worry Im doing just fine. I get to work out, eat, and I Even do my own laundry! hahaha and dont worry they dont let us leave the walls of the CCM so im safe. I wish i could tho! we joke all the time about jumping the barbed wire and sneaking out. My companions hand can testify that the barbed wire is razor sharp, tho (from trying to take a picture, not escaping)

Grandpa Hinckley: Im sorry youre having such a hard time getting an opportunity to communicate with me! hahah hopefully your internet starts working better. And i{ll be in florida in a few weeks and you can send me letter than all the time and they'll get here on time. I sure do miss you and Grandma! give her a hug for me.

Mom: we got your donuts fresh this time. They almost lasted 2 days. they were delicious! if you can, try and send them just before pday. Thats when we eat them the most because we don't want to wake up for breakfast hahha.

Love, 
Elder Johns

No comments:

Post a Comment